The life of a large person is fun, no doubt. As large persons ourselves, we often see other persons below our weight limit give us that look that denotes that something is wrong somewhere.
Since it is something that we’re already used to, we simply laugh, shrug our shoulders and continue our day; one can’t really blame them – society and the media have done its worst in building stereotypes on what an ideal body shape or size should be (even if this keeps changing every few decades).
However, beyond the awesomeness that we feel ourselves (and the challenges everyone else feels on our behalf), there are some issues that need to be sorted: sometimes, it is a challenge getting the things that we love, are interested in or plainly, the things that will simply make our lives easier or better.
One such thing is a treadmill, especially for some of us who are interested in shedding some weight or doing some exercises in order to keep fit.
Many treadmills commercially available today are rated 300 pounds and below. However, the question is and remains: what if a person is north of 500 lb and is interested in using a treadmill?
What is the fate is such a person? Are there options at this weight point? This is where we come in as a team. We provide the option and then, some more.
* * *
This site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. A commission may be earned on qualifying purchases (at no extra cost to you) if links herein are used.
* * *
Why Do You Need A Special Treadmill As A Large Person?
Recently, when we took a look at the best air mattresses for large persons, the best bikes for large guys, and the best bikes for larger ladies, there was only one thing at the back of our minds that inspired those posts; larger people, despite the fact that they are large (and thick) and in itself, this is fun, there are instances when traditional options, meant for smaller persons, simply do not fit. Or fit poorly at best.
In all such cases, it only makes sense that units, specially made to accommodate the weight point of larger persons are adopted.
In the event that this is neglected, an accident is risked that might wind up proving super dangerous for you as an overweight or obese person.
However, assuming you are extremely lucky and an accident is avoided by a dint of luck, it is still very likely that the machine or device bought will clearly not last as long as a dedicated unit that was made especially for persons at the weight-point mentioned.
This is the principal reason why you need a special treadmill as a large person.
With that now out of the way, let’s take a look at the special treadmills that can accommodate your 500 lb weight point without putting yourself at risk and while serving, also making certain that the unit bought lasts as long as it should.
3 Best Treadmills With 500 lb Weight Capacity
Below, chronicled in such a manner as to make comprehension super easy and decision effortless, are the three (3) best treadmills with a 500lb weight capacity.
The review process starts with the options that we consider the very best in this segment and logically proceeds to the options that fit the bill less and finally, wind up in that manner.
A curious note however: some of the treadmills, though, not very highly rated by us may just be the very suitable and preferable option for you.
It will thus be a smart move to take a look at what we have to say about all of them and then, hone in on the options that make the best sense in your particular and unique case.
1. The HCI Fitness PhysioMill Rehabilitation Walking Treadmill
Sometimes, despite all that you plan to do in and with life, it has a way of shoving to you its bits in such a manner that it hits harder than you could have ever imagined – even in your wildest dreams.
Usually, it comes as a joke but then, when the reality hits you properly and the denial stage is over, you’re faced with a reality that you simply have to accept.
One of such shoves of life is excess weight, put on in a post-partum fashion; especially when you were already overweight or outrightly obese.
This manner of weight, coupled with such realities as depression makes it easy to have it unchecked, often resulting in hundreds of unwanted pounds that you may (now) desire to shed; pounds that may need professional equipment to even start in the first place, and ultimately, pounds that you literally need all the support in the world to dispense of.
Another reality that life may throw at you that may be quite challenging and completely unexpected is the reality of old age.
Granted, this comes to everyone and ordinarily, everyone ought to be well prepared for this eventual reality that no one has ever escaped before now.
Unfortunately, life isn’t a perfect laboratory, and usually, many things don’t simply go as planned. Old age, for instance, could come with some sort of infirmity or medical condition.
If such a reality presents itself, it would certainly take you by surprise, leaving you with no option but to seek a specially designed treadmill, well different from the traditional ones sold commercially, especially in sports outlets.
That isn’t all; a third may be a stroke you’re trying to recover from, especially as an overweight person. This reality may necessitate you to shop for a treadmill that is leagues away from the conventional (standard options) that are readily available today and sold all over the place.
Finally, any other challenge that would necessitate you looking for a robust treadmill that is built like a house, complete with rails to help you hold unto as to run your exercises all points to only one treadmill in the entire world (at the moment) in number one capacity, the HCI Fitness PhysioMill Rehabilitation Walking Treadmill.
Designed in a super sturdy manner and finished in such a fashion that makes it very easy to climb on and run your exercise sessions, this is the go-to option if you’re undergoing therapy, are obese, are recovering from illness generally, or are faced with a combination of more than one of these conditions.
The sturdy nature of this treadmill in itself inspires confidence; taken together with the rails that surround the entire unit, it is easy to see why it is loved by users with a passion.
No matter how large you are or how sick you may feel, the unit itself is a huge confidence booster that is rare and hard to come by, especially, when contemplating exercises on the large side of body fat.
However, despite all these awesome features, the most noticeable selling point of this treadmill, one that endears it easily to the overweight community and made us here at Best For Overweight love it, is the simple fact that it can hold up to an impressive 500lb!
Finally, this is a product that doesn’t allow you to offer excuses if you’re serious about weight loss or recuperation.
And, it doesn’t matter how obese, overweight, or beaten down by illness you are: it just works. And while at it, works brilliantly too!
What We Love About The HCI Fitness PhysioMill Rehabilitation Walking Treadmill
- A super impressive 500lb weight limit for the treadmill. It doesn’t matter how overweight or large you are. This treadmill simply works.
- Side rails to guide you through your exercise time. This is particularly helpful if you’re morbidly obese, are just starting out on a treadmill, or are recuperating from an illness. No matter how you look at it, these rails are sweet and inspire a ton of confidence.
- A step-up that is only 6.25″. This makes it perfect for those who are aged or have joint problems/issues getting on and disembarking.
- An easy-to-read display that makes for hassle-free reading even for those who have challenges with their eyesight. At last, you’d be able to use the treadmill without your glasses. For those who use glasses, this plus cannot be over-emphasized.
- A solid build that is in itself both reassuring and intimidating (in a good way, of course) at the same time. The treadmill itself weighs an impressive 345 pounds!
What We Don’t Like About The HCI Fitness PhysioMill Rehabilitation Walking Treadmill
- The treadmill is pricey. If your pockets aren’t deep enough (or you haven’t saved up properly for one), the sticker shock will certainly prove real and hit hard!
- If you’re not very experienced with treadmills, you’ll certainly need a professional to help with the assembly. This, in addition to an already steep sticker price, isn’t fun. At all.
Very few options are as fit for purpose, all around as this treadmill. It contains everything you’ll appreciate as a large person who is interested in burning some fat.
It will also please you to understand that it also serves perfectly for rehabilitation purposes and is one of the very best units recommended for that purpose both online and off.
You should, by all means, check out the HCI Fitness PhysioMill Rehabilitation Walking Treadmill on Amazon and decide for yourself if you’d rather not buy it and ignore the rest options below.
2. The 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill
Once in a generation or so, treadmills were a necessary evil; something you needed to get and use as frequently as possible if you were interested in keeping fit and ensuring that the calories were kept at bay.
Usually, with such a reality, a love-hate relationship developed between the users of the treadmills and the treadmills themselves. The units were tolerated simply because they offered a way out to a ‘better body’ or if you prefer, a ‘banging body’.
Now, this presented a problem however: for the large or overweight persons who were already struggling with weight issues, the motivation to keep on was little, and often, the whole project was abandoned, usually before even the calories were burned in the first place.
Not a pretty idea, especially since serious money was always expended on the purchase of these machines, ab initio.
While the challenge was going on and the other manufacturers were pretending as if nothing was going on, an old Arizona company called 3G Cardio was busy taking notes. It was curious to know why many large and overweight persons invest serious money in a treadmill that they never get to use, eventually.
Their efforts soon paid off; sooner than later, the company discovered the secrets to the reason why the treadmills of most users (and larger persons generally) were at the corners of their various homes gathering dust and were hardly touched.
The issue was simple and straight to the point. It was also one that made everyone wonder why all the other manufacturers couldn’t figure it out before the 50+ years Arizona company cracked the code.
The code? Dirt simple: treadmills were not exciting enough. The solution? The 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill.
When this treadmill made its original debut in 2018, it shook the exercise world to its foundation – and importantly, it redefined what it meant to spend time on the treadmill, especially for larger adults.
First and foremost, it had a gigantic ability to hold a massive 400 pounds of weight without as much as breaking a sweat.
What this means was as instructive as it was a joy to users: users could now hop on the machine and run their exercise cycles without as much as thinking about their weights (or the hitherto feared ‘breaking points’).
Users who had large or obese family members could also share the treadmill with them and get the whole family to use one machine. It was a classical case of using a stone to kill two birds.
This was the tip of the iceberg, however, since this particular advantage is geared toward the obese and large population. If you’re not obese or overweight, the second point is what is going to excite your senses.
Secondly, the design of the treadmill is so easy to use even while actively on it, you can operate and adjust it according to your needs. For instance, there’s an option to increase either speed and/or incline (or decrease the same) with just the touch of a button.
This makes the whole process so seamless and hassle-free that you’d be able to brilliantly simulate real-life running conditions together with its ups and downs in a super classical manner.
Doing this in the comfort and security of your own home has a lure that is difficult to resist. If you’re overweight and are looking to lose weight in an easy, secure, and comfortable environment, few options beat this.
Finally, there’s the advantage of enjoying all the options and programs that the unit comes with without subscribing to recurrent memberships. This way, you actually get to extend the capabilities of the unit into something that is clearly way more impressive than the regular units sold either online or off.
What We Love About The 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill
- A warranty that is as impressive as the treadmill itself: lifetime for the frame and 10 solid years for parts!
- The raw ability to hold impressive weights up to 400 pounds. This actually sees to it that every user fits on it, no matter how large they may be.
- One-touch operations alter either the speed, incline, or both. This reality makes the experience as natural as possible, further impressing on the mind to keep up the schedule.
- A set of programs that though are subscription level, are here, offered for free – without the need for any recurrent expenditure.
- In-built console entertainment that takes your workout to the next level; fun and exercise mixed up in such a manner that you’d be forgiven for thinking that you’re not working out.
What We Don’t Like About The 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill
- The treadmill, at its price point, is somewhat pricey. If your pockets aren’t deep enough, considering a cheaper option would be a smart idea.
- The options aren’t very perfect and may present challenges with such things as the profile setting, if this is important to you.
Usually, there are very few things in life that are perfect, without any blemish of sorts. Very few.
The trick is in looking at what you’re buying, understanding its challenges and carefully considering whether or not the cons indicated are deal breakers.
The treadmill here is almost perfect – as far as we can see (that is if you remove the challenges that it presents in terms of cons).
That said, if what you’re looking for is a sturdy machine that is commercial grade and will likely outlast you, making sure in the process that you actually never have to buy any other treadmill, this is the one you need to get.
You should take a look at the 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill on Amazon here.
3. The NordicTrack 2950 Commercial Treadmill
All our lives, there’s a recurrent theme that keeps being proved right – year after year: large people are simply awesome. I have no idea where the ‘niceness’ comes from or what inspires it in the first place but one thing is sure: you cannot beat them to the niceness game.
A nice person always has a reality that seeks wholeness wherever the person goes, both for others and for themselves and this manifests in varying ways that sometimes, may appear out of the box or completely unusual.
One of such lookouts for the very best life affords is looking for a treadmill that guides you while you exercise. You may be surprised and ask why you should consider this. Well, here is the undiluted truth.
Gym memberships are expensive – and if you’re introverted, very busy, recuperating, larger than the average person or simply don’t live around their locations, can be a bore and pain in the butt rather than excitement.
Sometimes too, we all wish that the gym is actually in the bedroom so that as we jump off the bed, we get on with exercise in a smart and precise manner – without any fluff.
Usually, if you share such sentiments with a friend, you’re likely to be tagged crazy – or even lazy, especially if the friend is undiscerning. But, if you know what you want, that won’t deter you.
If the above makes sense to you and the description of the person who actually hates the idea that he/she needs to go to the gym in order to exercise seems like it could be you, you’re in luck: it is exactly for you that The NordicTrack 2950 Commercial Treadmill was carefully thought out and designed.
Let’s face it: we’re not fans of machines or gadgets having more functions than it is necessary; usually, these functions are the pain points of these devices/machines and often, they break or fail along with such extra functions. Invariably thus, the more functions a unit or machine has, the more it is prone to a breakdown or premature failure.
Well, excepting this treadmill…
…powered with an impressive 22″ LCD, the exercises you intend to carry out come alive on the screen with an instructor, in real-time, guiding you through if need be.
The instructor is not just some passive person nor is he/she a robot: we’re talking about a real human that reads the data on your sessions and based on your goals, is able to adjust your settings in order for you to get the best results – in as a short time as it is practical.
These workouts can be sorted by catalogs and depending on what you want, you can easily pick up what interests you from the comfort of your bedroom and follow a certified trainer through the regime.
If you’re already excited, that is only but the beginning: the reality of being large is a blessing but sometimes, can also be a curse. What this means is that you’re likely to have a larger-than-usual bed, chairs, and just about everything else.
The last thing you need to add to your life is more weight and extra baggage, especially when this can be smartly avoided. This is where the genius of this treadmill comes to the fore: all you need to do to regain much of the space that the unit occupies when in use is simply to fold it away and store away.
The foldable design is actually genius; it makes the unit one of the very few options available in the market today that is actually capable of this awesome reality.
What We Love About The NordicTrack 2950 Commercial Treadmill
- A large 22″ LCD that makes the active following of a workout procedure by a remote tutor completely easy and convenient, right in the comfort of your own bedroom.
- A virtual reality, powered by Google Maps that sees to it that you actually get to work out anywhere on the face of the earth. This is one feature we’re sure you’ll love…or, will you not appreciate working out on the beach, on the top of Everest, or on the sands of the UAE, all in the cozy comfort and safety of your own bedroom?
- An impressive space-saver design that will be the perfect fit for apartments and other tight spaces.
What We Don’t Like About The NordicTrack 2950 Commercial Treadmill
- To achieve the full abilities of this novel treadmill, you’ll need an active WiFi connection and also, need to subscribe to the service.
- The treadmill will need to be put together by a professional if you’re not handy with tools. It isn’t something that you can just simply buy off and assemble on your own without any prior experience with tools or a treadmill for that matter.
There are many good things to type about this treadmill and its suitability for large users who need a good reliable option to help them avoid the gym while meeting their fitness goals at home.
Unfortunately, it is better to take a look at the treadmill on Amazon yourself and decide instead. This way, you don’t only get to read the awesomeness of the piece of engineering but actively get to see what other users before you think of it.
That would be the best way to proceed, going forward.
A treadmill is a major investment – even for those whose income is above the median value. For the rest of the population, it is something that must be carefully thought out and decided – with a lot of planning and decision processes along the way.
It is more challenging when you are specific and need an option to help you stand on your feet again as a large user, one whose weight is more than the average adult and need help getting pointed the right way.
This article is meant to serve as that guide and an ultimate illumination along the path of choice for your new treadmill. Its singular aim is to help you pick up a treadmill that will awesomely serve you (and members of your family – if present) for years to come.
What if you’re confused, however?
Do not fret; it is absolutely normal to be confused when faced with two options not to talk of three good choices. However, the guide below will help clear that fog:
- If you are truly large and all you care about is a treadmill that will serve you for decades to come, despite your weight, nothing beats the HCI Fitness PhysioMill Rehabilitation Walking Treadmill. It has the additional benefit of being super perfect for those rehabilitating as it is engineered with rails for support. This treadmill can hold an impressive 500 pounds without bulking!
- If your challenge with treadmills lies in the fact that you hardly ever have the motivation to use them, then the novelty and excitement the 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill brings to the table is all that you need to change that. Never is there a dull moment with the treadmill and you’ll fall in love with it sooner than you realize! The machine is capable of holding an impressive 400 pounds of solid weight!
- Finally, if you’re one who loves the internet, WiFi and needs the services of a professional gym instructor but somehow, don’t want to drive or cycle to the gym downtown, the NordicTrack 2950 Commercial Treadmill is what you need. The machine, with a large 22″ LCD allows you to follow the instructions of your fitness trainers, with the added, rare advantage of simulating any environment you desire for your exercise. Tested, it is pure bliss!