Last Updated: Tuesday, February 7th, 2023.
Frankly, it’s quite annoying when a bathroom scale cannot display one’s weight on account of either being overweight or obese.
Sadly, most bathroom scales today are not high-capacity scales that can weigh people over 500 lbs – or even remotely, those close to that figure.
Most options available today cap at around 250 lbs, a reality with means anyone (male or female) beyond that weight range will either need to assume his or her weight or, in the sad alternative, forget completely about checking their weight!
This is quite frustrating and embarrassing, especially as a larger person.
For this reason, we have dedicated today to publish the top best 5 bariatric scales that will brilliantly hold your weight and read same to you, smartly; no matter how much you may weigh at the moment.
If you don’t have the time to read the entire piece, here is a summary of the best heavy-duty bariatric weight scales for the overweight or obese user:
- EatSmart Precision 550 Pound Extra-High Capacity Digital Bathroom Scale with Extra-Wide Platform.
- My Weigh SCMXL700T 700 lb 320kg Talking Bathroom Scale.
- iDOO High Precision Digital Bathroom Weight Scale 440 Pound Capacity.
- Health O Meter 594KL Digital Chair Scale.
- HealthOMeter – 3001KL-AMX – AM Antimicrobial Platform Scale-Extended Handrails.
These links, it is important to inform you, open directly to Amazon.
I am also an Amazon Associate and will earn from qualifying purchases.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the top 5 scale options in this special category.
* * *
This site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. A commission may be earned on qualifying purchases (at no extra cost to you) if links herein are used.
* * *
The 5 Best Bathroom Scales For Obese Users
Here are the 5 best heavyweight bariatric scales for obese persons money can buy at the moment.
These options have been tested to bear the weight of the obese and overweight users with options that can handle 1000 lbs or more.
Let’s start the list proper!
1. EatSmart Precision 550 Pound Extra-High Capacity Digital Bathroom Scale with Extra-Wide Platform
There is always the fear of actively breaking bathroom scales when one is overweight; afterall, traditional scales do this often when used by either overweight or obese users.
This is understandable and easy to rationalize (especially) as someone who is slim or below a certain weight point.
Above 300 pounds however, your perspective and views are likely to change: why on earth, you wonder, would manufacturers not make a scale that will gladly hold any weight point trusted to it?
If this has been your bother and you are constantly on the lookout for an option (or group of options) that will serve you in an awesome manner, the EatSmart Precision 550 Pound Extra-High Capacity Digital Bathroom Scale with Extra-Wide Platform is where you should first take a close and very interested look.
Designed with stainless-steel and finished with tempered glass, this is the sort of bathroom scale that rightfully deserves the name of ‘godfather of all bariatric bathroom scales’ because of its stark simplicity and glaring efficacy.
However, the sturdiness of the scale is just a part of its overall appeal: the bathroom scale is easy to use, super solid to the feel and more importantly, comes with a digital colored display that remains on for some time after stepping off the scale – giving you, the user, time enough to read your weight in peace (and convenience).
As an overweight person (man or woman), what more could you desire in a heavy-duty option designated to read your weight?
Why We Passionately Love The EatSmart Precision 550 Pound Extra-High Capacity Digital Bathroom Scale with Extra-Wide Platform
- This scale is capable of reading weights of up to 550 pounds!
- The bathroom scale is made up of solid stainless-steel and finished with a fingerprint resistant glass finish – an option that is perfect for all types of feet.
- This bathroom scale reads in a clear, colored, digital manner; this reading is smartly paused for several seconds after getting off the scale so that you can take a look at your reading without stress. This is smart, we must note.
- This bathroom scale is solid and reassuring; thanks to its solid materials and build. It inspires not only confidence but an assurance that no matter your weight, it will read it.
- Finally, this scale features an extra-wide platform – one that will contain both your feet – no matter how large they may be!
Now is the time to take a look at the EatSmart Precision 550 Pound Extra-High Capacity Digital Bathroom Scale with Extra-Wide Platform on Amazon, read the reviews of other users there and decide if this is an accessory you’ll love to own and passionately use.
2. My Weigh SCMXL700T 700 lb 320kg Talking Bathroom Scale
Sometimes, a large bathroom scale that is capable of weighing up to 500 lb isn’t simply enough: the idea is that something that can comfortably handle way larger weights is desired.
Sometimes too, this desire takes a dramatic turn and involves weights north of 700 lb!
With this reality, the options are slim to non-existent, especially if what you’re looking at has to have the capacity to read out your weight aloud and also, show you the reading in either the traditional lb renderings or the foreign kg read-out.
Before now, this reality was a mirage, especially if you also loved your scales wide, grippy, and with a backlit display.
If you want your scale as tough as nails and have it able to comfortably read weights of up to 700 lb, then, you need to specially consider the My Weigh SCMXL700T 700 lb 320kg Talking Bathroom Scale.
Designed in a manner that does not ever necessitate another scale ever for the obese user, this awesome piece of technology can read out its output – in 4 solid different languages!
That is where things become more interesting: it also is capable of displaying its reading in 3 different formats, leaving you to pick on the option that you’re more familiar or comfortable with.
However, what is crazily out of the ordinary (in a very good way of course) is its weighing platform: it spans an impressive 20’x 12′!
With such an impressive capacity, it is easy to see that even the largest feet ever to walk the earth; the feet of a giant (or giantess) or even that of a god or demi-god (think Maui) would have no problem whatsoever getting on this badass scale and getting the body they help carry and transport weighed.
The closing deal, however, is powerfully seductive: a 30-year manufacturer’s warranty!
Why We Passionately Love My Weigh SCMXL700T 700 lb 320kg Talking Bathroom Scale
- A truly impressive 700 lb capacity! This weight limit can handle even giants and giantesses.
- A truly impressive large platform that measures 20’x 12′. This can handle the feet of the giants, giantesses and even the demigod, Maui without any challenges! Hey, there would even be plenty of room to spare!
- This bathroom scale has the option to read out weights in four different languages: English, French, German and Spanish. And, of course, this option can be disabled.
- Ability to read weights in 3 different modes: the commonly used lb, kg, and ST.
- A truly impressive 30 year manufacturer warranty. It is worthy of note to understand that only the very best options have such long and super impressive warranty periods.
If the reality of owning a bathroom scale that can comfortably handle 700 lb, read the weight out for you in 4 different languages and can further read weights placed on it in 3 different formats – all with a super impressive 30-year warranty period, then, you should take a quick look at the My Weigh SCMXL700T 700 lb 320kg Talking Bathroom Scale on Amazon.
3. iDOO High Precision Digital Bathroom Weight Scale 440 Pound Capacity
In the world of the overweight and obese, there is always the need to get a scale that will serve in a smart and efficient manner.
This is predicated on the fact that, generally, overweight and obese persons need special bariatric scales that are way out of the league of most of the population.
While this is sometimes true, it isn’t always the case as often, obese persons and other overweight users simply need a standard scale that is just some points over the regular options.
This is especially true for those who are on a weight-reduction plan and have started seeing appreciable results. This also holds true for those who, for any reason, are not comfortable buying or advertising the fact that they need a special bariatric scale (especially if one with a little more capacity can serve).
If this is you, you’ll need to take a special look at the iDOO High Precision Digital Bathroom Weight Scale 440 Pound Capacity.
Designed in a super sturdy and reliable manner, this 440-pound capacity bathroom scale is finished with tempered glass and carries on a sturdy, marble design – making the scale itself super appealing and inviting to use.
To complement the attractiveness of the scale is a large LCD display screen that brilliantly displays the weight of the user who has cause to climb on it.
However, the major attraction of the unit remains its super thoughtful design: rounded edges (to keep the unit safe from hurting, especially children and careless feet); and the ability of the scale to display its readings in 3 formats of choice: lb, kg and st.
Now, isn’t that just practical, effective, and straight to the point without unnecessary drama?
Why We Passionately Love The iDOO High Precision Digital Bathroom Weight Scale 440 Pound Capacity
- Simple, smart, and straightforward design. This scale looks like an ordinary unit and is not in any way ‘extraordinary’ looking.
- Thick tempered glass design that adds to the overall sturdiness of the scale. This finishing style makes the scale looks and feels truly ‘solid’.
- Rendering in pounds, kilogram and stone – whichever you’re more comfortable with as a user.
- A large LCD display that make weight readings a breeze.
- An easy marble-flowery design that has no problem blending with the floor finishing of your home.
Simplicity, coupled with high effectiveness is what is rare in our world today – all over. This bathroom scale, however, promises both – with a touch of style and majesty.
You should take a look at the iDOO High Precision Digital Bathroom Weight Scale 440 Pound Capacity on Amazon directly to see what we mean.
4. Health O Meter 594KL Digital Chair Scale
Usually, the general position of checking one’s weight is standing on a weight scale, directly. This is standard procedure and has been that way for years.
It is also a smart and easy posture rendering option; one that is easy and natural.
However, at a certain weight point, this position isn’t ideal or smart anymore: users who are morbidly obese and cannot properly stand for any appreciable length of time will, especially, find this weighing posture quite annoying and inconvenient.
Then again, if you want to check your weight when you actively use a wheelchair or are terribly sick using the conventional scale, you’ll only attract headaches to your self or if you are trying to check the weight of someone else, you’ll only annoy and inconvenience the person.
This is where the Health O Meter 594KL Digital Chair Scale comes in.
Designed to look like the traditional wheelchair, this weight scale comes complete with hand rests and a footrest – making certain that all body parts are taken into consideration during the weighing process.
The result, of course, is a concise and super accurate reading that is as reliable as any traditional scale available in the market today.
What particularly endeared us to this weight scale is the fact that the unit is super comfortable – and does not give out the impression of checking out one’s weight at all. Instead, it simply gives the aura of sitting comfortably on one’s couch and relaxing on a Sunday evening 🙂
To seal this deal of immense attraction are features that are both smart and thoughtful at the same time: lb/kg conversion and an auto-off function.
Why We Passionately Love The Health O Meter 594KL Digital Chair Scale
- A super comfortable chair that also doubles as luxurious. This makes the weighing process one clad with both comfort and luxury.
- Ample hand rests and a footrest that add to the overall comfort appeal of the scale while also ensuring that the whole body is measured. This gives an impressively accurate reading.
- Castor wheels for easy mobility.
- Lb/Kg options: you actually get to choose which one you are more comfortable with.
- Auto power off. No need to remember to switch anything off as the unit powers off itself after a reasonable time of disuse.
There are many things to love about this scale – even if one isn’t obese or is not too weak to stand. You’ll also, we guarantee, still love this weight scale even if you have no reason to use a wheelchair: its appeal is that strong.
If you’re in doubt, kindly take a quick look at the Health O Meter 594KL Digital Chair Scale on Amazon and read what others who have used the weight scale in the past are saying about it.
5. HealthOMeter – 3001KL-AMX – AM Antimicrobial Platform Scale-Extended Handrails
Often, many persons who are interested in checking their weights (and are on the obese curve) are still smart and would appreciate a scale that lets them stand upright during the process (as against sitting).
However, whilst such users would appreciate the ability to stand upright, they would also need slight support while at this.
This is a tricky spot – and getting it right lies between two extremes: the sitting option and the option to stand upright, unassisted.
This reality is further complicated if you, as such a user, are interested in an option that can read up to 1000 lb!
If this is you, we’ve got a smart option that checks up all the lists: the HealthOMeter – 3001KL-AMX – AM Antimicrobial Platform Scale-Extended Handrails.
Built with antibacterial handrails to ensure that germs have absolutely no business on the rails, this badass scale can handle weights of up to 1000 pounds! The handrails in themselves provide support for anyone who needs them while checking out their weight.
However, the greatest selling point of this unit is the fact that besides being an elaborate weight scale that can handle weights of up to 1000 lb, it also checks a users Body Mass Index (BMI) – a key index that can be used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems by relating height to weight.
Now, ins’t this plain fantastic?
Why We Passionately Love The HealthOMeter – 3001KL-AMX – AM Antimicrobial Platform Scale-Extended Handrails
- This scale can handle weights of up to 1000 lb! Now, this puts it in a rare category many scale manufacturers don’t even consider.
- The scale comes with a rail system; rails finished with antibacterial material.
- You can easily calculate your BMI using this scale.
- Option to check your weight in either pounds or kilograms.
- An overall super attractive and solid build. It inspires confidence on first sight!
If you weigh north of 1000 lb, know someone who does or operates a facility where you’re not sure the weight points of users who will come around, the HealthOMeter – 3001KL-AMX – AM Antimicrobial Platform Scale-Extended Handrails is a sure deal that cannot fail – either during the day or at the dark of night.
What Is A Bariatric Scale?
Usually, the normal weight scales are designed to hold (and read) weights of between 250 and 300 lb.
Unfortunately, at that weight point, those who are overweight and obese are excluded – and generally have no means to check their weights, when and should they want to.
This is a sad reality that bariatric scales came on board to correct.
A bariatric weight scale is thus a specially designed scale that accurately measures the weight of overweight or obese persons in a manner a traditional weight scale cannot.
Usually, this type of scale can bear and read weights of up to 1000 (or more) lb as against the traditional options that normally stop at a mere 150 or miserable 200 pounds!
Why Do Obese Or Overweight Persons Need Heavy Duty Weight Scales?
Overweight or obese persons need a special heavy duty weight scale for two very important reasons:
First, the traditional weight scales are not designed to hold weights beyond certain points.
So, essentially, while a ‘normal’ scale may reach its wits ends attempting to show the weight of an overweight or obese user, it may also get spoilt in the process – since its makeup does not factor in such an impressive weight.
Second, regular weights have a limit (mostly in the 250 – 300 lb range) – a limit that most overweight and obese persons are well beyond.
To be able to check out their weights and be accordingly advised (if the need ever arises), obese and overweight users need special heavy duty weight scales (AKA bariatric scales) to be able to successfully measure their weights whenever the need arises.
How & Why Did We Come Up With This List?!
For many options, our weights simply brake things up – and that is usually the end of it. However, for some, we simply crack, use for sometime before discarding. Yet still, for some, we manage them with their ‘grudges’ while looking for better options.
When we started breaking weight scales though, we instinctively knew the time to update a new post had come.
To get to the root of this challenge, we broke at least, 2 ‘ordinary’ scales, rendered at least 1 scale useless and tried at least a dozen 🙂
The result are the options you have seen and read above.
Getting a good, easy-to-use, reliable, and sturdy bathroom scale as an overweight or obese person is a challenge.
This is because most of the options built today do not contemplate the reality of the obese or overweight users neither does the thought that big guys and girls also need to check their weight ever cross the minds of most manufacturers.
This is all in the past now…
The 5 bariatric options above are the very best you can find as an overweight or obese person today. And, don’t worry: even if you weigh up to 1000 pounds, we’ve got you brilliantly covered!