Last updated: Tuesday, 7th February, 2023
Getting the best bicycle for an overweight female or lady is an uphill task in the truest sense of the word.
The reason is quite simple as straight to the point: unlike men, most heavy ladies are endowed with curves that make the use of a bike impractical at best or seemingly impossible at worst.
It is either the saddles are too small – and the butt is hurt when riding is attempted or the handle bars are either too wide or slim to ensure a perfect ride.
One way or another, a normal traditional bike has a way of making certain that overweight or large women end up frustrated.
Usually, such ladies take the easy way out and forget about cycling and exercises – worsening their conditions by the day.
However, if you’re no ordinary woman and would appreciate something to exercise yourself with, despite your weight, this is your resource.
Let’s get down to business.
However, if you are in a great hurry, here’s a quick summary of the best bikes for larger ladies:
- Best Hybrid Bike For An Obese Lady: Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Step-Though Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle.
- The Best Folding Bike For An Obese Lady: Schwinn Loop Folding Bicycle.
- The Best Fat Bike For A Plus Sized Lady: Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike.
- Best Fitness Hybrid Bicycle For A Plus Size Woman: Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Sport Fitness Hybrid Bike.
- Best Adult Tricycle For Obese Women: Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle With Low Step-Through Aluminum Frame.
- Best Electric Fat Bike For Obese Ladies: DJ 750W 48V 13Ah Fat Bike.
- Best Comfort Bike For Fat Ladies: Kent Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike.
- Best Beach Cruiser For Plus Sized Ladies: Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle.
Please, note that all links open to Amazon directly.
Now, the long, detailed version, spelling out the features of the best bike in each category, pros and cons and importantly, why you should consider our top chosen options here.
* * *
This site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. A commission may be earned on qualifying purchases (at no extra cost to you) if links herein are used.
* * *
Best Bicycles for Overweight Women Over 300 Pounds: Our Top Picks Across Categories
Smartly reviewed, right below, are the very best bike options that will brilliantly serve ladies who weight over 300 lbs and are interested in catching a ton of fun on the saddles of two wheels!
Let’s take a look at the best bikes for ladies over 300 lbs money can buy at the moment.
1. Best Hybrid Bike For An Obese Lady – The Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Step-Though Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle
Not every overweight lady desires a bike for every specific purpose: some obese female riders simply want a ride that will tackle every transport need; exercise, cruising, normal commuting or leisure. A bike to handle all cycling needs, if you please.
The challenge is that, many bikes in this category are not designed with the overweight female rider in mind; its either a bad saddle, horrible overall alignment, poor tires or any of the billion things that can easily go wrong with a cyclist at this weight point on a bike.
If this overweight lady is you, here’s your bike: The Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Step-Though Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle.
Designed with large, comfortable handlebars, this bike can comfortably keep you for many hours on the saddle – which itself is large, soft and comfortable, a clean departure from the traditionally lean and hard types that are customary on bikes today.
A sturdy aluminium frame is standard and ever capable of holding your weight, no matter how many bikes have in the past, failed.
However, it is the dedication of this bike to comfort (and capability) that ultimately makes it stand out: the tires are large – and easily soak in the road’s many challenges; it ensures an upright riding position and ultimately, includes 7 gears for tackling terrain, no matter what this may prove be!
Pros Of The Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Step-Though Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle
- Hybrid reality: the bike can work awesomely as a cruiser, mountain or traditional commuter bike.
- A soft, large, comfortable riding saddle that is very butt friendly – especially if your butt is on the large side as an obese lady.
- Standard 1.95-Inch wide whitewall semi-slick tires that provide a cushioned, stable ride for easy and super comfortable rolling.
- An impressive 7 gear system for tackling all manner of terrains with the greatest ease.
- A standard upright riding position that helps keep the back, shoulders and legs happy – especially on long commutes.
Cons Of The Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Step-Though Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle
- If you’re not a very handy woman when it comes to bike assembly, you may need help assembling the unit to a rideable state.
- For the super conscious American lady who prefers made in the US products, it is worth noting that this bike is imported.
Why You Should Consider The Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Step-Though Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle
This question is akin to asking why you should consider an SUV (or at least, a Cross Over) as against a traditional sedan or pickup truck, in this age and time.
The answers, from the automobile example to the bike remains constant: versatility and the need to use one option across board.
Coupled with the extreme comfort and broad height and weight accommodations of the Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Step-Though Hybrid Cruiser Bike, it remains the undisputed all round choice for you as an obese woman if you are not interested in keeping a store full of bikes for every occasion, task or terrain.
2. The Best Folding Bike For An Obese Lady – The Schwinn Loop Folding Bicycle
Living in the city and desiring to commute can be serious stress – one that brings its own unique head and heart aches.
However, this reality is more challenging when you’re an overweight lady who desires to commute like every other person and sadly find out that most folding bikes cannot bear your weight.
Or are simply not designed to.
This is where the Schwinn Loop Folding Bicycle comes in handy.
Arriving in an almost complete state of assembly, the steel bike comes standard with a carriage bag (when folded), back carriage for your stuff – while on the move and a seven speed Shimano RevoShift Twist shifter paired with a Shimano Tourney rear derailleur to ensure perfect shifts through any terrain your riding takes you.
For the talent, weight limit and cycling thrill, there is no bike better than this.
Pros Of The Schwinn Loop Folding Bicycle
- Solid, steel built – capable of handling some (serious) extra weight.
- Standard carry bag for the bike when folded down.
- 7 speeds – perfect for coasting on whatever the terrain throws on you (as a big lady).
- Despite its sturdy built, the bike weighs only 33 lbs (14.9 kg).
- Standard rear rack for carrying some stuff.
- Front and rear mud fenders to keep you clean while you cycle in your work clothes.
- Limited lifetime warranty. The ultimate assurance of quality.
Cons Of The Schwinn Loop Folding Bicycle
- No Velcro to hold down the bike when folded – you’ll have to rely on its internal systems for that.
- If you’re on the extremely overweight spectrum, you’ll find the stock seat uncomfortable.
Why You Should Consider The Schwinn Loop Folding Bicycle As An Overweight Lady
We live in a world today where ladies who have slimmer bodies consider themselves more beautiful and able simply because society encourages them to both think and act in that manner.
Such ladies are also proud and super arrogant – most of the time thinking it is their exclusive right to ride bikes, wear bikinis and do all things sexy.
This bike, changes that narrative.
As a plus size lady, it gives you the power to cycle in a sexy manner and commute like everyone else – irrespective of your current weight.
If you love commuting to work and storage issues (either at home or in transit) are important for you – and importantly, you’ll love to be cool while doing all this, then by all means, take a good look at the Schwinn Loop Folding Bicycle – it might just be the perfect fit.
3. The Best Fat Bike For A Plus Sized Lady – The Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike
Riding a bike (as an average sized lady) has its challenges – and they present themselves more often than any woman appreciates.
Now, when things are taken up a notch and the bike needs to be cycled by you – who is overweight and on an unpaved bumpy road, either as a means of commuting or as a way or shedding some weight, things could get discouraging fast.
Usually, such rides hurt your butts – and shoulders to hell. To make matters worse, the often regular sized tires, fitted on conventional bikes ensures that, even if the bike is designed with both front and rear shock absorbers, you ultimately wind up super tired and sore all over.
So much for riding bikes! You think.
If this is you, then, you need the Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike.
Fitted with supersized all terrain knobby tires, the Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike is designed to take all the bumps the road throws on you – as a female plus size rider with the greatest majesty there is in the cycling world, ensuring supreme comfort when you mount these two wheels.
This, coupled with its excellent gearing and super strong spokes actually see to it that you don’t break any spokes while on the bike and after the tasking ride, the toll stays on the bike (which it handles very well) and not on your butt, shoulders and lower back!
Pros Of The Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike
- This bicycle is super cool – and a rare sight. You will sure get attention and lots of stares when you mount it 🙂 Its cool factor is out of this world 🙂
- This bike is fitted with supersized all terrain knobby tires that ensure both a steady and cushioned ride – one a regular bike can never ensure.
- Reinforced spokes that don’t break under your weight or because of the terrain.
- Standard front and rear disc brakes. These brakes are damn efficient and well better than the traditional options.
- Comfortable beach cruiser pedals are standard on the bike. This ensures long, super comfortable rides.
- Seven awesome speeds to handle the terrains even better plus twist shifters that make it smooth and easy to change gears while riding.
Cons Of The Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike
- The bike looks very ‘manly’. If you’re not the type of woman who enjoys such ‘mainly stuff’, you may not like the bike.
- As with many mountain bikes, this one comes without a rear carriage. Sorry, limited shopping here.
Why You Should Consider The Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike
The poser should have read: ‘why should you not consider the Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike?’
The reason is simple and deadly straightforward: it is the godmother of all bikes that can hold obese ladies – even if you’re morbidly obese!
This bike has been known to hold ladies who weigh up to 400 lbs – and in grand style too without complaining or braking after a ride or two!
If your’re thus anything near that range and ride, mainly on dirt roads or live in an area that has a lot of them, then, without any further ado, the Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Bike is your bike.
And we sincerely believe, you’ll thank us right after taking your first ride!
Recommended Reading: The Best Heavy Duty Air Mattresses For Large Adults That Can Hold At Least, 500 Pounds
4. Best Fitness Hybrid Bicycle For A Plus Size Woman – The Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Sport Fitness Hybrid Bike
There is a (very) strong stereotype in the US (and elsewhere for that matter) that persons who are larger than the ‘usual size’, ladies inclusive, should not be found on bikes!
If they are bold and defy this generally held stereotype, they shouldn’t bother with speed or a bike that can actually travel very fast – if need be!!
This is standard convention – and is generally accepted without question the world over.
The problem is that, not all overweight women agree to this; some obese women appreciate the reality of going as fast as their legs and pedals would permit!
Besides this, such women are also interested in making certain that such bikes that ensure the type of speed they are in love with should be options that can be used in a leisurely manner or on a serious commute – a one stop speedy option.
If this is you, here’s your bike: the Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Sport Fitness Hybrid Bike.
Designed in a smart and sporty manner, this Schwinn comes powered with disc brakes and an impressive 8 speed gear system to help you tackle the tough hill and uneven terrain – if that is where you desire to go or if that is where life takes you.
The crowning reality of the bike is that it is wicked fast – a reality you will enjoy if you’re looking to shed some weight in addition to having fun cycling.
Don’t be afraid though: the standard disc brakes are damn efficient and respond to the touch better than you’ll expect on a bike 🙂
Pros Of The Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Sport Fitness Hybrid Bike
- Sporty look, feel and handling. If you’re looking to either cycle fast or lose some weight with moving two wheels, there is hardly a better option.
- This bike is wickedly fast! If you have ever been bothered by the speed of a bicycle, you’ll be glad that this thing truly moves!
- Standard disc brakes that are damn efficient and responsive to the touch. You thus need not fear the speed this little angel ensures 🙂
- Light (but super strong) aluminium frame that sees to it that the bike’s weight isn’t in your way when you cycle.
- High profile double wall alloy rims come standard. These rims are light and strong, offering crucial stability and durability for extra weight.
Cons Of The Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Sport Fitness Hybrid Bike
- The standard saddle on this bike is the hard type variant. If you love your saddles soft, you may need to change the original option that comes with this bike.
- The sitting position of the bike is not straight, thanks to low handlebars and an overall aerodynamic inclination. Be certain you truly appreciate this reality before buying.
Why You Should Consider The Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Sport Fitness Hybrid Bike
Getting an all purpose hybrid bike that is sports biased for weight reduction exercises as an overweight lady is a herculean task; the market for this bike type is slim and the options are limited.
However, if you’re obese but would not appreciate anything getting in your way when speed and 2 wheels are in question, the Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Sport Fitness Hybrid Bike is the bike you need.
Without question 🙂
As an aside, do you know how just sexy you’ll look on this bike as an overweight person?
MORE: Best Bicycles For Overweight Men & Heavy Guys
5. Best Adult Tricycle For Obese Women – Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle With Low Step-Through Aluminum Frame
Riding is super fun and quite an easy way to lose weight (for ladies that are interested in shedding off some of their body weight).
However, riding comes with its own risks and challenges as balancing two wheels in motion can be a bit challenging especially for someone who never mastered it at a younger age.
Aside the challenge that riding on two wheels itself presents, most standard bikes on sale today are not fitted with grocery baskets and for options that are, such baskets can hardly accommodate the weight (or space) of even a modest shopping event, for a modest home, person or couple.
If you’re an obese lady and would appreciate something that can:
- Tackle your weight on the move;
- Ensure that you exercise (without the attendant fear of sudden – and painful falls) and
- Hold your shopping awesomely and securely,
Then, you need The Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle With Low Step-Through Aluminum Frame.
Designed in a super durable and extremely easy to use manner, this trike can hold an awesome and impressive 400 lbs – of the rider – and the additional weight of the cargo (either in the rear or the front) without much ado.
The single speed design of the trike, in its case, is the singularly most interesting feature of the bike…as an obese lady, you’ll actually need to exert some effort to paddle both your weight and that of your trike to and from your destinations.
This, in itself, is the best exercise you can do while maintaining absolute fun. And, this is true whether your aim is simply to keep fit or actively reduce your weight.
Pros Of The Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle With Low Step-Through Aluminum Frame
- This is a tricycle – a bike with 3 tires. This design is super sturdy and has all the balance the world of cycling affords. You thus do not need prior bike riding experience to ride this neither do you need special training as an overweight lady to keep it on the road.
- Step-Through design ensures mounting the bike and dismounting is a piece of cake – irrespective of your type of clothing.
- Large rear mounted shopping basket that measures 22.5″ wide, 18.5″ long and 11.5″ tall with a 50 lb weight limit which folds flat when not in use. This basket can hold a week’s worth grocery supply with no issues at all.
- Adjustable wide swept-back cruiser handlebars are standard. This offers a relaxed upright riding position that ultimately puts less stress on your back (especially as an obese woman).
- Single speed design that is super perfect for exercising – a feature that ultimately keeps you fit both in the short and long run.
Cons Of The Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle With Low Step-Through Aluminum Frame
- This trike, fully assembled is heavier than a traditional bike and takes more space when stored. This is something you should understand before you oft for it.
- Riding a trike (especially if you had prior experience with a bike) takes some understanding how this type of technology works. While this is overall relatively easy, it is worth factoring this as you consider this option as an overweight woman.
Why You Should Consider The Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle With Low Step-Through Aluminum Frame
There are 3 instances when considering this trike as an obese woman is a no brainer:
- If you’re a morbidly obese woman and want to exercise without the fear of falls;
- You are greatly afraid of two wheels as a result of having no experience with them or
- Are interested in shopping for groceries and transporting them home the green way.
If your reality matches any of the above, then, nothing will suit you better as a plus sized lady than The Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle With Low Step-Through Aluminum Frame.
6. Best Electric Fat Bike For Obese Ladies – DJ 750W 48V 13Ah Fat Bike
Sometimes, it is super easy to confuse a bike with either a motorcycle or car; most of the time – especially when on the saddle, trying to conquer a steep hill – we sincerely wish the bike we’re on is a car and gears could be easily worked to do some wonders.
If you’ve ever wondered about this as an obese or overweight woman, you’re not alone; this is a thought and feeling that men, women, boys and girls all have when riding and believe us, it no respecter of weight or body size.
However, what are your options when it comes to making certain that when you’re tired while cycling (which will be often), the bike does it thing and at least, gets you back home?
The options are not much. If you’re close to 300 lbs or are well over it, it essentially boils down to the DJ 750W 48V 13Ah Fat Bike.
Powered by a 13 Ah battery that is capable of outputting a nice, clean and impressive 1000 Watts, the DJ is capable and more than able to literally power you through hills and steep road conditions in a manner that only a truly automated piece of tech can.
Wrapped up with thick, all purpose 26”x 4” Kenda tires, supported by heavy duty alloy rims and crowned with an impressive and extra comfortable cushion saddle, we won’t be surprised if you simply decide to take up cycling professionally!
Pros Of The DJ 750 48V 13Ah Fat Bike
- Power assisted riding. Never again will you complain of being too tired to ride (or ride back home after an outing).
- Powerful and ultra reliable LG lithium 48V 13Ah battery that is dismountable with key lock.
- Powerful Bafang brushless 750W motor with peak power of 1000W.
- All purpose, super comfortable 26”x 4” Kenda tires.
- Extra comfortable cushion saddle.
- 7 standard Shimano gears.
Cons Of The DJ 750 48V 13Ah Fat Bike
- This bike is an electric bike that needs to charged, to be enjoyed. If power is an issue where you live (or during power outages), the bike may not function as intended.
- At 57 lb. (26 kg), the bike is a bit heavy. If you need to carry it up a flight of stairs, this could be a challenge.
Why You Should Consider The DJ 750 48V 13AH Fat Bike
As an obese lady, great chances are that, the only reason why you do not cycle option or outrightly hate cycling is the tiredness that you feel after some time or the challenge of hilly terrains.
With this electric bike however, all those fears (and closely associated ones) can be safely forgotten and life, once more, enjoyed.
If you ever get tired, you can simply tap on the motor to assist you get to your destination while saving your energy; if you ever encounter a steep incline that make the standard 7 gears inadequate, all you need to do is to call on the electric assistance by means of the electric motor 🙂
What could be more fun or enjoyable as an overweight or obese woman who appreciate two wheels?
Check out the DJ 750W 48V 13Ah Fat Bike on Amazon and see if its sort of fun and power excites you 🙂
7. Best Comfort Bike For Fat Ladies – Kent Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike
Perhaps, the greatest invention, comfort-wise, of the modern auto mobile remains the shock absorber.
This small (but very important piece of technology) keep the bumps away and ensures that, you have a smooth ride and your body, importantly, does not wind up in pains and sores after a ride.
Sadly, most bikes today do not offer a shock absorber to absorb the road ‘shock’. The very few that have such a system in place deploy only front options and completely ignore the rear – leaving the butts and back to their own respective fates.
For normal sized women, this is tolerable, especially if the front shock absorbers are in place. However, for the plus sized woman, this reality is literally a pain in the a** – especially when cycling on a bumpy, dirt road or a road filled with either pot holes or speed bumps.
This is where the Kent Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike comes in.
Powered by a complete shock absorbing system (both in front and on the rear), this comfort bike takes the meaning of ‘comfort’ to the next level, especially where uneven terrain is in question.
Together with a super comfortable cruiser seat, this bike presents unparalleled comfort levels that are quite impossible for an overweight female to experience with other brands.
Pros Of The Kent Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike
- Full suspension system in front and at the rear; this ensures unparalleled comfort on dirt roads, bumps and pot holes.
- Super comfortable cruiser seat compliments the overall comfort the suspension ensures.
- 26 x 1.95 comfort tires that complete the ‘comfort trio story’.
- Full chain cover to keep the usual chain mess at bay.
- Micro shift 7 speed twist shifter for tackling hills and sharp descents.
Cons Of The Kent Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike
- DIY assembly is not the easiest with this bike. Getting it professionally assembled will thus be a smarter decision.
- This bike has no water bottle holder.
Why You Should Consider The Kent Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike
If you’re a woman who’s large and need to cycle on uneven terrain, here’s why you should carefully consider this dual suspension comfort bike:
Its full suspension system ensures that all the road bumps and stresses are soaked up so that a smooth, even ride is achieved.
You’ll also need this bike as an overweight lady if more than ever, your ride comfort matters to you. In this regard (thanks to a set of especially comfortable tires, comfy cruiser saddle and a dual shock absorber system), the Kent Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike truly excels as it does it very own thing!
8. Best Beach Cruiser For Plus Sized Ladies – Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle
The sentiment the beach inspires is one of fun – intense freedom, the type that many women who are a little overweight have forgotten exist in the first place.
They have forgotten this type of freedom exist because they’ve become super conscious of their bodies and suddenly, have become interested in the opinions of those who do not matter at all.
The reality of such women is predicated on actively avoiding the beach and all things fun related by means of excuses that serve no sense except to sink such awesome women further into despair.
If as an overweight lady, you are tired of these excuses and simply wish to enjoy your life to the fullest, nothing beats the Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle.
Designed with wide handlebars and a super large and comfortable seat for easy, upright relaxed riding, this little bad girl can navigate the sands of the beach with the same dexterity it can cruise around the neighborhood, all in a classy and super impressive style.
Thanks to white walled balloon tires and extremely easy to use coaster brakes that ensure supreme riding comfort and luxurious stopping respectively, this bike rides like a dream and for an obese or overweight woman, it also doubles as making certain that your dreams are reclaimed in the loveliest of manners.
Pros Of The Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle
- Easy, relaxed riding design both on the beach and off.
- White-wall balloon tires for a luxuriously cushioned ride.
- Oversized saddle with dual springs for added comfort.
- Wide handle bars that ensure long hour rides without being sore or experiencing any pain.
- Easy ‘no cable’ design without complex gear systems.
Cons Of The Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle
- This bike is single speed – and is best used on flat roads. If you live in a mountainous area, you should consider other (similar) models with multiple speeds.
- For plus sized female riders who have used the conventional brakes on a bike, the coaster brakes that comes standard on this bike will need getting used to.
Why You Should Consider The Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle
Most plus sized women and obese ladies are usually conscious of their bodies. This is because, over the years, the media has created unrealistic standards for the female and anyone who does not conform to these (unrealistic – read: CRAZY) standards is adjudged an ‘outsider’, not sexy or plainly not beautiful!
This is not true and as you already know, we believe and hold dear the idea (here at Best For Overweight) that no matter your body shape or size, you’re awesome.
The Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle ensures that you actually live out that confidence and reality by tapping into the power and freedom using it ensures!
Why Do Obese Ladies Need Special Bikes?
Usually, if you need a bike as a lady, what you need do is simply shop for it online or walk down a nearby store and pick the option of your choice.
However, if you’re an overweight woman, its not that easy: broken spokes, burst tires, compromised frames, uncomfortable saddles etc. are problems that you’ll face when you attempt to cycle with a conventional bike.
With these realities, the joy of cycling takes a nose dive and overall, leaves you hating not just bikes but the reality of cycling as a whole.
There are special bikes, however, that are designed in a manner that your weight (no matter how large you are) is accommodated in a super brilliant manner.
With such specially designed and reinforced bikes, lower back and shoulder pain when cycling (or right after) remains a thing of the past.
Cycling too, once again, takes on the colorful joy it has been known to embrace since the bike was first invented.
What To Look Out For When Shopping For Bicycles As An Overweight Gal
When shopping for a bicycle as an overweight gal, there are things you should watch out for before you settle on a bike and make it yours.
These things are carefully reviewed below and explained as best as possible below.
Please note however that, if you decide on any option listed above, you don’t need to bother yourself as we’ve already taken the trouble off your shoulders and selected options that will best serve you, taking into cognizance your current body weight.
If you want something else that isn’t mentioned above, here’s what to look out for:
- A Strong, Durable Frame: It does not expressly matter what material the frame of your bike is made of. However, be on the lookout to ensure that the frame you choose has been built to support your weight. This is the most important thing to look out for in an bike as a woman who is overweight.
- A Large, Comfortable Saddle: While this can always to changed to something more comfortable, it is always better looking at an option that comes with a large, comfortable saddle. This saddle type makes cycling easy on the butts; ensuring long, easy hours on the bike.
- Large Tires: Large tires on a bike cushion the overall ride and soaks up bumps on the road. While this may not be an important thing to look out for when shopping for bikes as a slimmer person, it is very important to remember this as an overweight person. The reason is simple: you need all the comfort a bike is capable of providing – if you’re to ride long hours without getting either too tired or too sore.
- An Upright Riding Reality: Cycling, even for the average sized woman, is not easy on the shoulders and lower back, especially as a beginner. If you’re interested in cycling as obese woman, choosing a bike that ensures an upright riding position; all other things being equal (and of course, excepting the need for speed), this will prove the best choice for you.
Why The Bikes Mentioned Above ALL Qualify For Use By An Obese Woman
Our editors here, it would please you to know, are basically overweight – and most of them are ladies. This alone means, we have superior knowledge of the challenges overweight women experience when they choose to cycle.
To overcome these challenges, we actually tested tens of bikes – across various categories and the options we have mentioned above came out as the very best options money can buy at the moment.
If you cannot get an option above from the list that will serve you awesomely, we’re afraid, you’ll truly need to search hard – if you’re ever going to find what bike it is that your believe will suit you.
Goodluck in advance.
5 Quick Tips For Cycling As An Obese Female Rider
As an obese female cyclist, here are 5 quick tips you ought to understand if you’re going to enjoy your time on the saddle:
- Wear clothes that make you comfortable while cycling. This means, actively ignoring cycling gear if it makes you uncomfortable or works for you (never ignore your helmet anyway).
- Think of cycling as fun primarily – and not a means to lose weight. This way, you’ll find yourself on the saddle more often.
- Change any component of your bike that you either do not like or does not make you comfortable. This will ensure more comfort which will ultimately translate to more time on the saddle.
- Stares are common when you cycle at this weight point. However, always remember that you don’t owe anyone anything. Or worse, any explanation.
- Finally, get a basic understanding of how a bike works and if you can, some basic repair knowledge. This combo will ensure that you’re more confident during your bike rides and ultimately, get less stranded.
Riding a bike as a lady presents its unique challenges; these challenges take thing up several notches if you happen to be overweight or obese.
To start with, not all bikes accommodate your weight as broken spokes and frames are more common with you than is ordinarily usual. Then, there is the issues of the tires and the overall ride cushion. Then, the saddle. Then, sadly, everything else!
This is sad – and makes many an overweight lady who loves cycling give it up – and try something else.
All that is history now – and well in the past.
If you are an overweight or obese lady who wants to ride, we have all the very best bikes, beautifully suited to your reality across board; dictated by your tastes, needs and comfort zone.
Now, who says you are stoppable simply because of some extra weight, here and there?!